Parent Education Series
Sex. Wondering how to discuss it with your children? Wondering how your own experiences are shaping the conversations with your child? Want to know what is normal, healthy sexual development and when to be concerned? Want to ensure that sex doesn't become shameful or embarrassing? Do you want your child to talk to you first? No one knows your child better than you do, and as parents, your deep love and connection to your child makes you the best person for the job.
Join us! Shannon Hickman, LCSW a trained sex therapist, will be sharing her expertise on healthy sexuality. Whitney Barrell, LCSW who specializes in child therapy, will focus on child development and the use of parent-child relationship to foster healthy development.
- Understanding healthy sexual development.
- Instruction on how to share age-appropriate sex-ed.
- Discussing sexuality without shame.
- Equipping kids with accurate information and an understanding of their bodies.
- Encouraging kids to make decisions based on their values.
- How to discuss sex in terms of a relationship, and in terms of conception.
- Exploring your own view of sex and conception and how it impacts this discussion with your child.
Who: Parents of children ages 3-17
When: Monday July 13th AND Monday July 20th 7:00pm-8:30 pm.
Cost: $200 per couple/individual
Where: South Valley Therapy
8537 S. Redwood Road, Suite A, West Jordan, UT 84088
Click HERE to sign up.
Shannon Hickman, LCSW holds a Master's Degree of Social Work from Rutger's University and has a private practice in Taylorsville, Utah where she specializes in couples counseling and sex therapy. As a trained sex therapist she is able to help with a variety of concerns related to sexuality and intimacy.
Whitney Barrell, LCSW holds a Masters of Social Work degree from the University of Utah and maintains a private practice in the Salt Lake City, Utah. She works mainly with young children and their families on mental health issues and is focused on and improving family relationships.